Friday, January 9, 2009

My future Career

I'm not really sure about what I want to
do in the future. Why? Well... the thing is
that I like cooking, but that requires extra
studying in college, which I am trying to
avoid. So my resolution is to cook, but only
as a hobby. I would also like to study archetecture,
because I could use that to help in the construction
of Kingdom Halls for the worship of Jehovah God.
This career appealed to me because one of my
friends, Martin De Leon, invited me to go with
him to help finish building a Kingdom Hall in Roswell,
New Mexico, and the experience there was awsome,
I really enjoyed it, not only because I was helping, but
also because all around me there were my Brothers
and Sisters who like me worship the one and only God,
Jehova. To my disappointment, thought, the career in
archetecture and everything that has to do with the
furnishing and construction of buildings and homes
require at least, if I remember correctly, two years in
college, so that plan is out.
By now you may be asking yourself,"Why are you
avoiding the idea to attend college and achieve your
dreams?" Well, as a Jehovah's Witness I take my labor
of proclaiming Jehova's purpose for mankind very
seriously, so I don't want college to take away time that
I could properly utilize for this labor. Now don't take me
wrong, the fact that I don't want to attend college doesn't
mean that Jehovah's Witnesses are against superior education,
this is just my personal decision. One thing that for
sure I am going to do after I graduate, or if possible
even sooner, is that I am going to become a full-time
pioneer, which is a title given to someone who is planning
to serve every month at least 70 hours in the ministy
proclaiming Jehovah's purpose and characteristics, to
say the least, to the people of our locality. Now don't think
that by doing this you are going to be awarded with money
or anything like that, the main reason for doing this is
that we make Jehovah happy because we willingly taking part
in what is asked of us in Matthew 24:14 "And this good news of
the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth
for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. As
you can see the career that is the most important to me is
proclaiming Jehovah God's purpose.

No comments: