Friday, October 17, 2008

Should Higher Education be "free" or paid by the government.

I believe that higher education should be
free. Why? Well, many people around the
world don't go to college due to their lack of
money to pay for tuition. If education was
free like public schools, many more people
would decide to learn higher since they got
nothing to loose. That way there would be
more people with higher paying jobs, resulting
in an increase in the nation's economy, which
would do well now for the supposeably economic
crisis the nation's in. Now, I can't and won't call
myself an expert in the education system, so
I'm not too sure if a free education, like college,
would have these results. Besides, personally I
don't give the chance of going to college much
thought. Why?
As I've said countless times, I'm a Jehova's Witness,
and my primary obligation and desire is to serve
him as much as possible taking advantage of every
chance I have to talk to people about the truths laid
before us in the Bible. This doesn't mean that Jehova's
Witnesses are against education, it's just that I, myself,
consider my relationship with Jehova more important.
Because of this, I don't give college too much importance,
besides a simple life helps you avoid many problems
generated by having or wanting too much money.
You're probably curious as to what are my plans after
high school if I'm not going to college, so I'll tell you.
My plans are to become, if I have what it takes,
a full-time pionner, that way I'll not only guide
people who are unaware of the importance of seeking
Jehova God, but also I'll strenghten my relationship
with him in the process.Either way I think education
should be free, even though I won't go to college, so
that other people who desire an education and a
"good job" can benefit from it.

No comments: